Monday, April 15, 2019

WISHFUL THINKING

Damn, its crazy how I never thought I was fragile,
I put my guard down and opened the door to my heart,
But here we are now you're the reason I feel empty and hollow,
I wish I could erase your foot prints when you walked in,
But all of a sudden, like the wind you came and left,
And even in my wishful thinking I don't know how to follow.
Once upon a time I promised to myself,    
And here I am needing to learn to wean myself off you.

Damn, these are the wages of wishful thinking.
Now I am walking through long corridors with no exit doors,
Just mirrors with reflections gawking right through me,
Where do I go from here? I lost myself trying to find you,
Its getting too dark to see in these long corridors,
Am I chasing reflections or are reflections chasing me,
I hear footsteps of change time to time,
Is it you? Is it my wishful thinking?

Damn, this wishful thinking dreamed of a forever,
Now these dreams seek a resting place like an avenging spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment