Sunday, April 15, 2018

THIS FAR

I did not come this far to only come this far,
It hasn't been easy and I've conjured on suicide.

I have a jar of demons and saints under my berth,
They have been the armor to strengthen my spine.

I have traveled this far with them,
They are who I am and I am them.

In battles won I've scares to nurse like a nursing woman,
In battles lost I've determination; the sinew for my bones.

No its not that simple like a simple two sentenced poem,
I've stumbled, given up and started anew a thousand times just to get this far.

Its been a hard road this road I'm travelling on,
But I do not seek smoother travels, just strength for tomorrow.

 I've made it this far not on my own might,
I've been on shoulders to gain higher ground.










No comments:

Post a Comment